I'm trying something new (for me):
In addition to my two main family databases (paternal, maternal), I've added two databases for background info for the two families (one for each line): for example town, county, or church histories, geographical information, etc. Of course, most of the information I enter goes into the Notes section. Ordinarily I enter a new subject by clicking "Add," "New unlinked individual." Sometimes, however, I have a state as the father and towns, independent cities and counties as "children."

I like having the background info readily available -- and used to put it in under an individual -- but couldn't always remember WHICH individual! And it's so handy just to click View Name and see all the topics available.

I'm not sure I'm expaining this clearly, but I'd love to have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions about how you handle background info.

Also, a related question -- when printing a "book" from Legacy, is it possible to combine two separate databases in any way?

Pat H.

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
Database version: 5.07560
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/