At 12:45 PM 12/12/2007, you wrote:

Ron:
32 k...???

Gee you were a latecomer...I still remember my ex composing his own programs and storing them on a tape drive....that was way before floppy disks. Back then a 4 k TRS-80 machine was highpowered and top end and only computer geeks had floppy drives... which were the 5 and1/4 inch..btw and only held about 100k..The next generation were the small floppy disks that everyone might remember but it only held 720k. There was no software...you had to buy the books and learn to program your own apps.

Thank God we don't have to do that any more...
When you put it in THAT perspective, waiting for the legacy programmers to work out all the bugs and put a pretty little ribbon on Legacy 7 is definitely worth it.
Kathy
snip...
They missed all the fun didn't they? Like writing to, and reading from, specific sectors of a floppy disk as this was the only way of running a database with a couple of thousand names and addresses with a 32K machine....snip

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et