Well, this isn't a big help for you for fixing it automatically - but I do
have a couple of suggestions for the future....

I believe that you can set up the default value for the Living Flag - you
can change it to "No" so that future entries are more likely to be
correct.....   of course, if you put in any more people that are alive you
need to remember to change them.  That might be a problem in the future if
you forget, and you post stuff on a website or something...

The other thing I recommend, which would have let you use the Advanced set
living....   I have found it very useful to give everyone an estimated
birth-date if I don't have a birth date for them.  It helps me keep people
straight.   I put the year in after EST so I know it is just my estimate.
( EST 1867) for instance.    (I also use CAL for dates I have calculated
from an age and year, and ABT if someone has given me an aprox date....)
Anyway, with the estimated dates, the Advanced Set Living works well.