We have that already. The presentation output is different.

Tell you what, try this:
1. Go to the "Assigned Sources For:" window
2. Pick a source, write the name down so you want forget. (You probably will want to come back to it.)
3. Click "Edit Detail."
4. "File ID" is located here, be something is entered. If not, enter something. (You can change it later.) 5. Be sure that "Add this Detail to the Source Citation on Reports" is checked.
6. Click Save.
7. Go back to the "Assigned Sources For:" and make sure the "Show Entire Source" is selected. 8. Go to the Output Tab in the "Assigned Sources For:" window, and look at the output.

You should see:
Cit. ID: Test Filename

"Test Filename" is my temporary File ID for this. You are entering File ID into the File ID field, but it is being outputted to sources at the end of the source after "Cit. ID:" Here is what mine looks like:

Kathy Carneal DeBoar, CARNEAL-DeBOAR - THE CARNEAL FAMILY of Virginia, The CARNEAL HISTORY, PRIMARILY WILLIAM CARNEAL, HIS PROGENITORS, DESDENDANTS AND ALLIED LINES (Indianapolis, Ind. 123 Publishers Road, 1992), In possession of Robert Carneal, Page 57. Cit ID: Test Filename

That "Cit. ID: Test Filename " is the file ID. This is located at the end of the citation.

Admittedly, it is presently differently, probably to adhere more strictly to Elizabeth Shawn Mills' style of formats, but it is still there.

Robert

JLB wrote:
Have already reported this as a 'bug'. Probably the wrong name for it but I miss it too and hope they can bring it back.
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Ann Parsons wrote:
I also noticed this.
Ann