That is a question that can only be answered by the programmers, or
someone that has done it.

I'd suggest that you get a v4 backup, and try opening it (in a new
database) in v7 and see what happens.   Either way you will have your
answer.

As a programmer (by trade - not of Legacy), I can say that it
basically depends on if they have left in the database conversion code
for all the versions, in case someone upgrades from a really old
version.

If it doesn't work - then contact them, they may have a utility they
can use to update it for you.