It works but the source appears 3 times, once for each event.  Now I
have 3 Master Sources of 1920 Census listed for the individual with
identical details for date of immigration.  After I edit the details
for the naturalization info for the Naturalization event and edit the
detail of the Residence event to reflect the address given in the 1920
census, this still leaves three references to the same master source
but with different citations or details in the Source Window. – not to
mention that I must either cut and paste the detail info (which is a
chore because you can't have two windows open at the same time) or
enter it from memory.  Although it appears there are three references
to the 1920 census Master Source, I have to assume that in reality
there is only one entry since there is only one reference in the
Master Source List.  Is that correct?

Elizabeth said to call up the source you want and select it to be the
source.  How do you call up the desired source for an existing event
when it doesn't appear in the individual Source window?  It does
appear in the Master Source List but I can't call it up.  I can't even
call it up by adding a new source;  the template does not allow an
existing source selection.  I know I can create a new event, source
it, and then delete the old one… but that seems like a round-about way
to source an existing event.