Note that there is a difference between what is on the screen and what is
printed.
The screen will show ALL children that are linked to EITHER (or both)
parents.  Make sure you have the "Show 1/2 kids" setting selected.  You do
this by Right clicking on any child and selecting "View", and make sure
"Show 1/2 kids" is selected (check mark in front).  When this is done, the
family view will prefix a "1/2" in front of any child who is linked to just
"1" of the "2" parents.  Children who are linked to both of these parents
will not have the 1/2 in front.  Note that any child with the 1/2 in front
will NOT appear on the reports for that couple.  If a child is linked to two
different couples, that child will appear twice, once (without the 1/2) for
the current couple and once (with the 1/2) for the other couple.  This may
explain why there are 3 children for each couple.

When I have a situation with multiple children from different
relationships.  I first decide how I want the reports to look.  If I want
the "step" children to appear with the non-biological parent, I link that
child to that couple, usually (but not always) in addition to linking the
child to the biological couple.  Then I can select the "Relationship to
Father" and "Relationship to Mother" in the "Child Settings" (right click on
the child).  This is where I put "Adopted" and/or "Biological".  On the
Family Group Sheet, I make sure "Child - Parent Relationships" on the
"Include" tab is set to be included (the default is for it NOT to to be
included).  Unfortunately, I don't think this option is available on the
Descendant reports.  On the other hand, if I DON'T want the child to appear
with the adopted parent, I link the child ONLY to the biological couple (and
ignore the 1/2 listing on the screen as it will not be on the reports).

I hope this makes sense and if I am incorrect that someone will explain it
better.

Bruce