Connie's last statement should put your mind to rest.
"If you decide you do have a use for the RINs, you can always change them
later if you don't like how they are automatically assigned."
So, if you do decide you want your people's RIN in some particular order
(say for filing purposes, not reporting purposes), you can RENUMBER them
anyway you choose, anytime you want to.
Perhaps some other software programs require you to enter people in a
particular order, but Legacy does not.
When you create a pedigree chart, whoever you choose to start with will be
numbered #1.  That could be you, your child, or your 3rd great grandmother.
Welcome to Legacy.  You will enjoy it.