From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Elizabeth Richardson
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:08 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Master Source Subsequent Citation Issue

Perhaps the standards should be changed. They are convoluted and are
difficult to understand and follow. For example, a different standard
entries for a book that is in a brick and mortar library from the standard
for the same book in an online library has no basis in logic and is
therefore ridiculous on its face. Keep in mind, too, that few genealogists
are professionals and will not be publishing. For those who do publish, the
publishers' audience is not the same as those for publications of others
types of research. The standard should always be to make certain citations
are easily understood by the audience, as that is the essence of
communication.

Elizabeth Richardson
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***