-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Chick
Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:28 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Index Sorting

Because of various spellings of a surname or variations of a given
name there may be two individuals in the index that are actually the
same person.  These may be difficult to find, but sorting the index by
date of birth rather than alphabetically will allow easier comparison
of names in the same time frame which will sometimes reveal this
duplication.  This was a feature of FTM that I used quite often, but
appears to be missing in Legacy.  Is there any way to sort and/or
search the index by date of birth?  If not, what are chances for a
future enhancement?

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***