From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of Howard Mathieson
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:37 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] one file or many?

I  recently decided to use Legacy as my genealogy program of choice. The
decision was made after examining a number of reviews which spoke highly of
the program.

My decision was solidified when I learned that Map My Ancestors would
utilize the gedcom tags for lat and lon values generated in Legacy.

I certainly dont regret the decision. A major bonus has been an active and
informative and helpful users group.

Much of the work I have done over the last number of years has been working
on a one name study. Here is an issue I am facing. I have many family groups
in my study, seperated by geography and brick walls ;-)

If you were in my position would you build one data base with many
disconnected family units or would it more logical to have seperate files
for each group?

Howard

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***