Lew,

When I tested this and reported the problem with merging basic sources into sourcewriter sources I found that the detail entries from the old style source were lost.

The Basic source details were not copied to the sourcewriter template fields. Initially when you look at the source in the source list the old details are shown but if you click on edit details you will find that those entries are missing from the sourcewriter details screen. If you then save instead of cancel the only entries that will remain are those hard coded into the template (such as the microfilm series number for census records).

The programmer elected to prevent merging of old and new style sources in response to that problem report.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Chick Lewis wrote:
Sorry to keep asking about this issue and I hate to be a pest, but I
really need to know what, if any damage has been done to my file
because I merged basic sources into sourcewriter before that feature
was removed for some unknown reason in build 7.0.0.72.  A response
from Legacy would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Lew