Jim,

Yes it is that simple. The + sign beside a relationship in that area above a person's name means there is more than one. If you right click on someone with a + sign you will see the option to view additional relationships for THAT person. The reason you did not see that choice with John is that he does not have multiple relationships. In his case the option is Open Relationship Calculator.

The + sign on children and parents names in family view means there is at least one more generation above (parent) or below (child).

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Jim Smith wrote:
Thanks, Brian, JL, Ange, Dede, and Jenny,

< Do you mean the + sign that indicates there's more than one relationship?

I had to plot it out.  I said I was a bit dense at times...

John's father, Joe, is Rose's mother, Louisa's, brother.  Hence, Joe's and
Louisa's parents are John's and Rose's grandparents.  I reset the
relationships to begin with John and the relationship labeling appeared as
follows:

John = Self
Rose, his wife = 1st cousin +
Joe, their son = Son +

Levine, John's father-in-law = Father-in-law +
Louisa, John's mother-in-law = Aunt +
And then I think this may be the simple answer.  In the case of the
relationship between John and Rose, she is his 1st cousin PLUS she is his
wife.  In the case of relationship with Louisa, she is John's aunt, PLUS she
is his mother-in-law.

If this is what the "+" symbol means in the relationship labeling,
Hallelujah!!!

So when I reset the relationships to myself as the primary individual -
John = my 1st cousin 3 times removed
Rose = my 1st cousin 3 times removed PLUS, "+", the wife of my 1st cousin 3
times removed.

I hope this is as simple as the developers of Legacy meant this relationship
label "+" symbol to mean... or I'm screwed!!!

The issue is clear, and the "+" symbols in the relationship, as well as when
used with other types of views has a different "there is more" meaning,
so-to-speak.

Thanks, for taking the time,

Jim