Marianne,

The Sentence override allows you to define a sentence but it is limited to 255 characters.

Your sentence definition in that override should use the replaceable text fields to select the information you have entered for the event instead of trying to write out everything in the sentence override.

One of those replaceable text fields is [sources]. That field will be replaced in the report sentence with the superscript number(s) for the sources linked to that event. Other fields will add the date, name of the person (or couple for marriage events), the event description, place, notes etc.

If you have difficulty or questions at any stage press F1 or use the help button on the screen for more information.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Marianne Szabo wrote:
Hi - I'm using the latest version of Legacy 7.
When I enter information under the "Notes" tab for an event [so that it
follows the standard sentence], then the little number superscript appears
with the event in a report [e.g. Individual or Descendant Narrative}, along
with the source citation itself, but if I use the "Sentence Override" tab
and put my information in there, and add a source to it, then the little
number superscript doesn't appear, but the source citation itself [with an
appropriate number] does appear.

What am I doing wrong?  I just started entering Event information, and I
want to catch errors in my process right now, before I have to go back and
redo hundreds [instead of dozens] of Event source citations.

Thanks, Marianne