Legacy does not make a "backup" before merging in the way it does when you make a backup. It makes a temporary copy of the family file not a zip backup.

That temporary copy is only kept until you stop Legacy.
If you decide to undo the merge you can go to Edit > Undo merge and Legacy will retrieve the temporary copy of the file which will "undo" the changes made.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

CE WOOD wrote:
I am curious.  To where is the family file backed when you backup before a Manual
Merge?  So far, I get no Error 91 when doing so.  Why not?  How does it differ from
a regular "BackUp?

Carolyn