Thanks Jenny
Maybe the following may explain what I am trying to say.

> I'm not quite sure why you say "the picture ... has no caption" and
> then you say "the attached copy ...".  Have you got several copies
> of the same picture?  If so, see the last sentence below.

On the right hand top of the picture centre there is a tab marked Picture List
and a tab marked Attached Pics.
I entered captions etc in the Picture List and attach the picture to a person in
the Name list I then click on the Attached Pics list and the caption etc is in
place.
When I open the Picture centre the next day and look in the Picture List no
pictures have captions etc.
According to Help the captions should be there.

"Caption, Date, Description, File ID #
You can enter caption, date and description information before assigning a
picture to an individual.  There is also a field for a File ID # if you are
assigning these numbers to your pictures.  These entries are remembered by
Legacy for future use even if the picture has not been assigned to anyone yet."

All the pictures are in one folder and are the only ones used for Legacy

--
Regards,
Laurence E Stephenson

http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/lauries/web/index.html

 I am Researching:-
 Butcher..............Stroud, Gloucestershire, England
 Fortune..............Berwickshire, Scotland
 Garlick...............Liverpool, Lancashire, England
 Mee...................Kilflyn, Limerick, Ireland (Palatine)
 Payne................Washingborough, Lincolnshire, England
 Ritchie...............Bonhill, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
 Stephenson........Pickering, Yorkshire, England
 Wittick...... .......(Convict) Walsall, Staffordshire, England