Branko and Chris wrote:
Hi,

I'm doing a lot of searching through census, military, immigration records
etc and continually have to refer to the Legacy Index to see if it's the
right person... rather slow and tedious by going backwards and forwards. I
have some 60 individuals that share the same surname.

Is there a report or some way of extracting a list of individuals say G-K
with other fields like RIN, Full Name, Birth Date, Death Date, Father,
Mother (not just surname groups).

I have searched through the many Legacy reports, Dennis's Ltools and cant
find it, or do I have to use MS Access.

I use a free utility found at http://www.gedmagic.com/GEDxlate.htm to extract all individuals to an excel spreadsheet. From there it is easy to manipulate the sheet as you desire.

--
Gene Y.