Kim Jones wrote:
To Legacy Family Tree User Group,
I'm hoping that you can help me. I've been so busy of late that I have done
absolutely nothing with Legacy except to open it and see if I need an update
and if I do I  download then backup and close down and either go to bed or
work.  So when I got on there on the weekend to try and catch up and do a
few things it was a rude awakening.  I have found that I have doubled up on
everyone.  From what I can see I have two of everyone. All have RINs, some
have User IDs and I did give everyone a User ID. It seems like I've imported
or some how duplicated the same file but the program has gone on and given
people the carry on number from the last person I had entered (if that makes
sense).  I don't have a huge file it's very small really only about 400
people but now I have close to 800 so I know something is wrong. Oh goodness
I may have created a monster here. Can someone may be give me an idea on how
to get rid of the second lot of people, without deleting the wrong people. I
hope someone has a suggestion.
Kim

The easy solution is to first run a find duplicates merge. Set all the parameters to find exact matches. If they are in fact duplicates, problem solved.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs