Paula,

The new mapping function uses the Microsoft Virtual Earth Web-based mapping application. It is not related to the Geo Location Database.

There are two ways to use mapping.

a. For your Master location List you can view a map of the location (and a list of the people who use each location) by going to View > Master Lists > Locations.

b. When you have selected a person in the Index, Family, Descendant or pedigree views if you click on the mapping icon in the top tool bar you can generate a map with all the locations related to that person marked.

The help file and the built in help are a good resource.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Paula Ryburn wrote:
You all have piqued my interest in "mapping"!  Can someone please tell me the best place to look to
learn about this "mapping" capability?  And is it related to the "geo location database"?  I
would also appreciate any significant pros & cons you might be willing to share.
Thanks in advance,
--Paula in Texas
(yes, where it's over 100 degrees again today)