Legacy has always added an "unknown" spouse to a single parent whenever you link that person to a child. This goes back as far as Legacy 2.0

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

clshee...@yahoo.com wrote:
Ron (and Rich),

Well, I guess that's what I get for not reading the "Complicated Family" thread yet. In retrospect, I must have tried to link the father (already in my database, but linked to no one) to the daughter (in my database with many descendants) before I added his wife. I didn't notice if Unknown had an RIN; I do know when I finally looked at the spouses icon in the lower left of the Family View it showed him with two wives: Unknown and the real one with a name..
I still think this is a relatively new (and silly) way for Legacy to behave..
I've been using it for years, and can't imagine this is the first time I would
have encountered this situation.  (Maybe I just lucked out and did it correctly
before?).

Reminder to Self:  If you link a child to a "single" parent, Legacy creates an
Unknown spouse even when you think you've told it not to.  If you know the other parent's
name, be sure to enter it before you link the child!

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Connie