Okay regroup.... I have it set like that under options. I did exactly as your said and did it off of the tools menu and you were right. It marked 508 people as dead. Why is it then that I have it set up properly on the options menu but it isn't working. I go to the tool menu and use the same age cut off and it works.

michele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Young" <n2...@cfl.rr.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] marking people as not living

Michele Lewis wrote:
I have the advanced set living thing set.  It automatically marks those
over 110 dead but that only works if you have birth and death dates!

michele

To use the Advanced Set Living feature:

1. Choose Advanced Set Living from the Tools menu.

2. Set the cutoff age at the desired level by either typing in the
number or by using the up and down arrows of the spin control.

3. Click the Start button.  Legacy goes through your entire family file
setting the Living flag to NO when it is determined that they are older
than the you specified.  When finished, Legacy asks if you would like to
see a list of all the people who had their Living flag set to NO.  To
view the list, click Yes.

As the help file indicates, Legacy will use information from relatives
to help determine dead or living status.  You must do the above to have
Legacy scan your file and correct the flags.  In the help file search
"Intellimurder."

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs