Bill,
I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to say that if you enter
the complete address in the location field then that exact place CAN
be plotted on the map. That's why I think it's a waste of the mapping
feature to enter just the city, county, state, country in the location
field. I've even plotted locations that didn't have an actual street
address - like "[[John Taylor Farm, ]]County, State". I put privacy
brackets around the part that wouldn't look right on printed reports
but I can still document the exact location of the property. Of
course, in that situation, I have to set the marker where it should be
on the map. As someone else mentioned (Ron, I think), I keep my
locations sorted right to left so that locations in a particular town
or county are together in the location master list.

Linda