From: ronald ferguson
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:46 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Surnames With Mc Standard?

Howland,

It should be easy enough for you to change, using Search>Search and Replace.
Search for "Mc Donald" and replace with "McDonald" - I guess that you may have
to do something similar for MacDonald as well btw.

Use the settings to ensure the criteria is exactly as you wish eg. I think it
will have to be case sensitive and you will have to use "Exact".

Good luck,

New Tutorial: Embed a Blogger RSS feed on your webpage
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: howlanddavi...@aol.com
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:37:24 -0400
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Surnames With Mc Standard?
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> CC: howlanddavi...@aol.com
>

> Mary & Ron:
>

> It looks like I have some work to do. Our
> local genealogical group (Summit County, Ohio, USA) has put together an Excel
> spreadsheet of all known veterans buried in Summit County cemeteries.
> I took on the task of keeping it up-to-date and going through all of the
> entries make sure that there was consistency. One big question
> in my mind were the names with Mc. I decided, silly me, that if the name,
> as recorded, had a capital letter after the Mc that I would separate the
> Mc but if the letter was a small letter I would not (i.e., Mc Donald or
> Mcdonald). From what you are saying, there should be no space no matter
> whether capital or not.
>
> By the way, there are 63, 800+ names listed
> presently; not all with Mc in them obviously. There are one British Army
> veteran and four Canadian Armed Forces veterans along with veterans from Italy
> and Russia.
>

> Howland Davis

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/

Online technical support: http://www.L