I agree with you that marriages should have an address field equivalent to other events. I use the convention street/city/(state or county)/country rather than city/county/state/country. In the street position I may put eg a hospital or cemetery title. In Australia we do not have counties and local government areas (shires) are not generally used in addresses. Most of my earlier research is in Britain where there are no states so that fits easily into my convention also. I do not see any point in splitting addresses into two parts and prefer to keep them complete. I guess it's horses for courses.
Cheers
Charlie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kramer" <kramer...@comcast.net>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Moving Street Addresses and Location Names from Location

I agree, Dennis, but isn't city/county/state/country the accepted way
of doing the location?  That's the way that I've done it for many
years.  Also what is the purpose of the event address if you used your
option?  It should be consistent.  I still would like Legacy to have
an even address for marriages just like for other events.

Ellen Kramer

Researching and loving Dorman, Kramer, Mirarchi, Procopio, Renninger
and Staudt-Stoudt-Stout families