Off topic but I have an Edward Grantham in my file :) Can you email me at cranberryf...@charter.net so we can compare notes?

michele

----- Original Message ----- From: <jraymond...@aol.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:39 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] An apparent bug?

I entered the following new individual: Edward  Grantham and in the suffix
field entered "I" (capital "i" for "the first" rather  than "senior").

I then got the following Standardization Tip" "The Given  name or Surname
for this individual is only on character.  You should  verify or correct
this."

First, both the given name and surname  definitely have more than one
character. Second, why should entering a capital "i", rather than "senior"
generate this message?

Finally, the  Standardization Tip is grammatically wrong.  Neither "given"
nor "surname"  is a proper noun and neither word should be capitalized.

Jon  Raymond
St Paul Park,  MN
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~raymond/