  From: William H. Boswell
  To: Legacy Family Tree List
  Sent: 22 September 2009 18:59
  Subject: [LegacyUG] More Major Problems With Legacy--Role Reversal

  After practically giving up on my last GEDCOM import into Legacy, I did a new
one that is just as messed up as the first.  I just discovered that I have a
person Marie G. Kelly who married Samuel E. Boswell.  I'm finding two Marie
Kelly's: one with a husband and one without.  She is not listed twice in the
index for some strange reason.  With the husband, she's listed as the husband
and her husband is listed as the wife.

  When I tried to attach her husband, it said I couldn't attach a wife to a
female.  I'm am so frustrated with this transition from FTM 2009 that I'm ready
to say the hell with it.  Last night I updated all of the cemetery photo
information and relinked everything.  All grave images are linked, but the
other thousands will have to be relinked anyway because there's tons of
duplicates.

  I wish someone would scrap GEDCOM and come out with a workable solution to
converting between genealogy programs.  It's getting so genealogy is not fun
anymore and not worth all this work.  It's more of a pain having to relink over
8,000 images and I'm not a big fan of Legacy's way of organizing images.  It
needs improvement.

  Ninety nine percent of my problem I blame on FTM 2009.

  Bill Boswell