From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Jenny M Benson
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:09 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Master Source (SW) Comment problem - Attn Legacy staff,
please

Jenny M Benson wrote
>I have a Comment on a Master Source which is *not* checked for
>inclusion in Reports, but it is being included, and it is included on
>every Citation using that Master Source.

Further information about this.  I now see why this is occurring.  On
some SW templates (I have now seen it on Artifacts>Privately held and
Family Group Sheet>Privately held) there is a field named "Comments" on
the Source Info screen, the "main" screen for inputting Master Source
data.  Any text which is entered into the usual "Comments about this
master source" field are automatically copied into the "Comments" field.
Obviously the "Comments" field is not picking up on the contents of the
checkbox for "Include on Reports" which appears under the "Comments
about this master source".  (Nor the First time/Each time radio
buttons.)

I wonder if a Legacy staffer could comment on whether or not this is
intentional.  I hope it is *not* because I usually use the "Comments
about this master source" for information which I do not wish to have
appear on Reports and where the entry is quite long I certainly don't
want it appearing every time the Master Source is cited.  I can conceive
of occasions when one would want to add a "Comment" to be part of the
printed Master Source *and* "Comments about this master source" which
were not for publication.

For the moment I am working around the problem by including my long
not-for-publishing comments in the "Copy of the text from this master
source" field over which I have some control!

--
Jenny M Benson