Some of you may recall I recently converted over to Legacy from FTM2009.
Within FTM I had a large number of images such as census, obits, PDFs, text
documents and others that are attached to source-citations for everyone in
my file.  This looks like it's going to be more work than it's worth, but am
wondering if there is an easier way to do this.

I just finished linking all people and grave photos without any problems.
Before I dumped FTM I printed out a number of reports to show what image
file goes with which person.   Is it better to do it in the Picture Center?
When I was setting up the people and grave photos, I assigned a File ID to
each image which is the file name minus the extension.

I started to do this for the 1850 census then to test it attached the image
to the birth event for this person.  I then closed out of the Picture
Center, went to the person's source-citation (detail) to see if the image
was attached under Sources, selected Birth then selected the Pictures tab.
For Source Detail Picture there was nothing there.  I hope this is making
sense because I'm finding it very confusing and too many steps for something
that should be fairly simple.

How can I add these images to sources without creating duplicates?  I
noticed there is no place to apply the new File ID to a source.  What's the
point of assigning a File ID if you can't use it elsewhere?  I'm trying to
limit duplicates and also not have to keep re-entering the same information
for each image.

There has to be an easier way or should I just forget about doing this.
Most, if not all, of the images were transcribed a long time ago but it
would be nice to attach the images as well.  I know it'll take a long time
especially since I have to keep switching back and forth between Legacy and
my "cheat sheet" PDF file generated from FTM.  This PDF is over 3,000 pages
long so I really don't want to print it.  There are several thousand source
images as well.

I do like this program better than FTM, but this seems to be a larger
challenge than I expected.

Thanks,
Bill Boswell