Paul,

Legacy has a compare files for duplicates. Tools > Compare files for duplicates. During the compare you can tag the individuals in both files that are duplicates. After going through that process you can open the second file and use search to find all the individuals where that tag does NOT apply. That should give you a list of those in the second file who are not included or are not duplicates of people in the first file.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Paul Gray wrote:
Hi,

I have received a file from my cousin (a GEDCOM that I imported into an
FDB). Although many of the individuals are common, she has researched
certain branches that I have not. I am trying to find a way to get a list (
I don't want to do any kind of auto merge) of individuals in her file that
are not in mine. I am expecting that any such comparison will produce mostly
'valid extras' that I can choose to import or key in, but also some "false
positives" where we both have the same individual but they cannot be matched
because of spelling differences or other differences in vital data such as
birth date and location.
I have used GenMatcher and I can identify differences in data between two
'matching' individuals in two files, but I can't find the unmatched
individuals I describe above.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul Gray