Colin Liddell wrote
I am in the process of merging two files and have a number of persons who married twice.

In the Merging two Individuals Window I have as an example, John SMITH in the left hand pane and John SMITH on the right hand pane.
John in the left is married to Mary Jones and they have four children.
In the right John is married Alice BROWN with two children.
Now.....I know that in both panes, John is the same person with two different families.

Question........Do I a: Click on Merge right into Left or do I
                        b: Click Skip to next?
If a: Does Legacy create a second marriage or does that happen if I click Skip to next?

I just did a little test to see what happened in this case. I dragged John Smith *and his spouse* from the second file to the first. Legacy added him as a new person. I then merged the 2 John Smiths and Legacy correctly assigned 2 spouses to the one John Smith.
--
Jenny M Benson