Why reinvent the wheel.  Subscribe to the Legacy group through Rootsweb.
 You have the option to subscribe in digest mode.  I wouldn't hold my
breath waiting for Millennia to bring their list serv into the modern
day.  They refuse to add vital security features such as the ability to
block html and attachments, so do not hold your breath waiting for them
to offer a digest mode.

Regards,
Ron Bernier