7.4.0.38 also.

Here's an additional discovery that's odd ...

If I open the "Edit the Source Detail" text box, the formatting is
gone ... even in the box I just applied it to. The output preview does
not show the formatting either.  If I do not save it, and return to
the Assigned Sources for: screen, under the tab Text/Comments, the
formatting is applied and correct.  I closed and reopened the program,
but still get the same result.

Can you try again to replicate?

I'd sent an attachment to show you, but its against the mail list rules.