This question can apply to "labeling" and/or to "exporting". I am wondering
if it is already possible or if it must be considered as a "new requested
feature" for later versions of Legacy.

Basic idea : Nesting levels of focus groups (just like in subroutines in
scripts) that use the result of the previous focus groups as starting point.
So you can make a 1st selection of persons, and then apply a 2nd selection
with the persons of the 1st selection as starting point. The result of the
2nd selection must be able to include people that were not selected by the
1st selection.

More in detail of what can be done in Legacy right now :
a) When you want to export persons out of Legacy you can select them by
name, RIN-number, descendants, ascendants, labels, and so on.
b) You can also export people using several independent focus groups in one
query. You could export in 1 move the family of person RIN 12345 plus all
the ancestors of person 6789. If by chance someone is part of both selection
criterion, then that person will only be taken once into account.
c) You can export all descendant of person RIN333, and after opening this
export in a new Legacy file select all people that are born before 1910.
This will result in all people born before 1910 that are also descendants of
person RIN333.

What do I want to be able to do with the nesting feature.
I want to add "the family" of all direct line ancestors of person 12345, and
on this result i want to add a second time "the family" of all persons in
the selection. This way I have a direct line ancestor list + 2 extra
generations on the "side-branches".

Has anybody tried this or does anybody have ideas how to do this?

Regards,

Alain Derom
Derval Services BVBA
Belgiƫlaan 29