On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:38:11 +0100, "Mike Evans"
<michael.evan...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Can anyone advise please how to produce a list of individuals by 'death
>date'. The purpose being to simplify a search for wills.
>Have tried so many lists and reporting options but nothing found to date.

One way to trick Legacy is to use MS Access (or some other tool) to copy
the sorted death date from tblIR.DeathSD to the User ID field
(tblIR.UserRef) ... if you don't already use the User ID field for
something else. Then you can use the Name List (after you change it to
show the User ID) to view and sort by sorted death date.

I would recommend trying this ON A COPY of your database.

Then again, if you have Access you can create your own query to do what
you wish directly without having to copy anything from one field to
another.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools