Maybe this will clarify my original question:

When I have a "new" document, photo, newspaper obituary, or anything
else I find that might relate to my "family", I first enter and
transcribe it into ByGones and/or Clooz and then cut/paste relevant
information into Legacy to create a master source which will be
assigned to people in my Legacy database.

My main purpose for using the additional programs is to record and
track things that point to people I can't identify - witnesses to
events, individuals or families with the same last name and in the
same geographical area as known ancestors, or other snippets of
information.  As I keep entering information from more and more
sources, some of those unidentified people start to appear more than
once and previously unknown relationships and patterns emerge.  This
in turn leads to some "Voila!" moments including brick-wall
breakthroughs.  Things like "so that's who grandpa used to talk about"
or "Gerry and Jeremiah are actually the same person" or "I need to
find out more about so-and-so who has been present at these four
family weddings".

What I want to do now is move all of this research and analysis into
Legacy to take advantage of all the additional information recorded
there, and discontinue the duplication of efforts required to maintain
the additional databases.  I am hoping to get some guidance, ideas and
practical advice from others who are already better at this than I am.
 Since everyone using Legacy has to manage this same kind of
information and documentation, I am frustrated that the Legacy help
resources I have searched through don't address this aspect of using
Legacy.

Chris