In all likelihood, we would be dealing with living individuals in this
situation.  Although I'm not a professional genealogist, ethics would still
require me to protect the privacy of living individuals and not release
information about them without their consent.

For those reasons, I would probably not document these kinds of details in my
database, unless the mother or adult child of a sperm donor asked me, and even
then, I would probably only put it in [[private notes]].

Connie

robert coburn <bob-dd...@comcast.net> wrote:

I'm not sure if my question is appropriate for the
user group or not.  If it isn't please forgive me this is my first
post.
I watched a news report several days ago concerning
a sperm donor who had fathered at least 15 children (several sets of twins) with
different women.  The father was identified only by a donor number- no
name. It seems like it could get really messed up.  Would each mother
would have a phantom "donor" spouse with the children from that
"union" listed or would the children only be listed as adopted by the
original husband and spouse? Or is there another solution?
I guess that the same questions would apply for an
egg donor.
There is a donor sibling registry and the link
is  http://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/
.

  How would a professional genealogist handle
this in Legacy?