Kirsten,

If there is a website for the DNA surname project, with kit numbers/id numbers
of the person listed, I would use that information and cite it as a website.

The most recent published case study that I'm aware of that relies heavily on
DNA results is Daniela Moneta's "Virginia Pughs and North Carolina Wests: A
Genetic Link from Slavery in Kentucky," National Genealogical Society Quarterly
97 (September 2009): 179-194.

That article is available online if you are a member of the (US) National
Genealogical Society.  She mostly uses narrative type footnotes to describe the
DNA results.

Hope this helps a bit.

Connie