Legacy will not run from a thumb drive, but you could create a gedcom
in Legacy and then create a self-viewing gedcom in GENViewer, which
would allow you to show the data to your family without installing
anything on the person's computer.

Pictures are not included in gedcoms, however.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree