I had forgotten about the Chronology option...

It *almost* does what I'm looking for: preferably, it would be a separate
report (I could live with it as part of the Individual Report, provided an
option to export as RTF was added).

The only thing that is missing is the ability to include the Source Detail Text
and Comments in the body of the report (as opposed to buried in the endnotes)
so that one can clearly see all the research/data about the person in
chronological order, clearly differentiating our conclusions (Notes) from what
the record actually says (Source Detail) and any Comments we wish to record
about the nature of the source.

Crossing my fingers that would be a relatively simple enhancement to make so
that Legacy has the equivalent of RootsMagic's Research Notes Summary.  [I've
already put in a formal request to add this type of report to Legacy's
capabilities; not sure I ever received acknowledgment of the request, or that
Legacy acknowledges such requests?]

Connie