From: Margaret DeAcetis [mailto:med_11...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 4:38 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Using Master List Names and the Source Clipboard

I'm using Legacy 7.4. I've been using the Source Writer to enter the marriages
of a mother, daughter #1 and daughter #2.  I used the template: marriage
record>found in govt records>marriage certificates>all countries
except....>created by state/provincial>basic.

I do not know how to access each of  the 3 marriages when I want to link one or
another to whatever category I want, such as name, marriage, marriage event,
parents, witnesses, etc.

I called my master source: New York, Manhattan, New York - Civil Marriage
Record. When I created the master source for each couple, the master source
name fields are completed identically.The variations appear in the following
source fields: source master text and master comments, and detail text and
comments.

It is my understanding that only one master source name should appear for these
3 marriages when I select view, master list, source.  (I created 3 and believe
I have to combine them.)  When combined, by pressing the show list bottom on
the right of the screen I will see a list of  all individuals associated with
the 3 marriages.

I've used the source clipboard icons but more often that not, I am retyping the
same data over and over again, especially the screen that differentiates the
1908 marriage from the ones in 1929 and 1931.

Margaret DeAcetis