On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:27:06 +0100, "Ron Ferguson"
<ronfergy....@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>I know the process by which a Database is updated

I was addressing the not-so knowledgeable with my explanation. ;-)

>Your observations
>should, however, convince the doubters!

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I personally would discourage placing
the live .fdb in the DropBox folder. But directing backups to the
DropBox folder is ok IMO. Backing up, no matter where you place them, is
a good idea. And off-premise, in this case the "cloud", is even better.

Keep in mind that there are security issues with placing your data in
the "cloud". I believe DropBox recently had an issue with allowing
anyone who simply knew your email id to access your data (wasn't asking
for or checking the password).

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools/Custom Programming)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools/index.htm

NOTE TO LUG USERS: Use plain text if you want me to read your post.