When you create a gedcom, on the main Gedcom Export window, you have
an option to "Produce Program For".  The default is "Legacy".  Other
options include Ged 5.5, Basic, Generic, etc.

The Legacy option is not to create a gedcom but to export to a new Family File.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree