Hello,

I am trying to create a gedcom of my husband's direct line ancestors to post on
a DNA site. I can only include birth and death date and location info of his
direct line (no other info and no other individuals). I do not want a report, I
want a gedcom file. I cannot figure out a way to do this, aside from laboriously
going thru every unwanted person in my data and deleting them (my file is VERY
large). I have tried tagging and ended up wiping out my entire file. I have
tried to create a "focus group" but my export includes all my  file, not just
the individual and ancestors. I cannot view the focus  group and so have no idea
what it may contain. I have seen reference to a "miscellaneous search" to see
the contents of a focus group but cannot find that button or word anywhere in my
software. I am totally lost. Anytime I search for something in the Legacy help
file it refers me to something that I cannot find, or which leads to another
reference to a "button" I cannot locate. I am not a new Legacy user, but am a
basic user. I do not use advanced functions in my daily entry of data. I am
using the latest "build" of Legacy.

Lynda