Greetings -- I am a newbie, so thanks in advance to anyone who knows
more than I do (it won't take much).

I have built two independent family files, one with 70 individuals and
another with 60. There is an overlap of one individual -- my paternal
grandma. One family file is hers, and the other is my granddad. Can you
help me figure out how to combine the two files so I don't wind up with
duplicates? I have read the manual, page 260 ff, and read the Wilson
article on merging, but I am not sure the description applies to my
problem. Do I want to wind up with a huge combined file with both
families in it? or would it be better to keep them separate -- as there
are no later or earlier connections.

It has occurred to me to build two dummy files with 10 individuals each
and try it out with them, then I can find out how to do it without
losing any of my hard work.

Thank you --

Peter



Legacy User Group guidelines:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Archived messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21 2009:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on our 
blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to