  From: Jay 1FamilyTree
  To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
  Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 10:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Notes in Legacy

  You might be able to use LTOOLS and replace edit the particulars so that you
dont have to manually edit each record.

  You certainly could use the Legacy Search and Replace the !  for [[

  On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM, singhals <singh...@erols.com> wrote:

    At one time, the manual said to use ! to mark what was
    wanted to print.  A SVPAFUG manual suggested !SOUR to mark
    sources !MILI to mark military service, !Occu to mark
    occupations ... and so on.  By PAF5 the ~ was to be used to
    mark things you /didn't/ want to print, but the option to
    print only "tagged" notes was left, so the ! kept on working.

    So far as I can tell by a little experimentation since
    Sherry's post, I can put a "[[" at the beginning of a 'graph
    and a "]]" at the end and it works. It also appears to work
    if I put it at the beginning of a formatted section
    [[
    AUTHOR, J. B.
    The Perils of Pauline
    c1876
    ]]

    which lets me mark huge sections of notes at once.  That'll
    probably turn out to not-work next time I try it, and if it
    does not-work, I guess I'm back to GED. :(

    Cheryl

    Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).