Hi All,

A question. Mainly for support, I think :-)

In deriving a solution to Laura's question concerning Tagging of Marriages, I
took a close look at the Last Modified window. This is brought onto view by
clicking on the date shown at the bottom right of the main window. On the
resultant display, there is a column labelled 'Imported' with Yes/No contents
against the two RINs and associated MRIN. I see that in the Search window, an
Individual can be selected based on this field, but there doesn't appear to be
an MRIN equivalent. Why not?

Obviously, the field should reflect whether a record was created through an
import process or not. Its' use could be useful for those people wishing to
locate records they've imported rather than added themselves. However, there's a
problem!

A piece of advice that I've seen given out several times here for solving some
problems is to export the file  and then re-import into a new file. Guess what!
This sets the Imported field of _every_ record to YES, thus losing this possibly
important piece of information.

I realise that this is working 'by design', but ...

--
Regards,
Mike Fry