Paula,

Kathy and I determined that this was not a Legacy 8 issue but a data issue with her Legacy 7 file.

john.

At 03:12 PM 12/5/2013, Paula Ryburn wrote:
Or can you restore from backup and wait for it to be fixed in v8 and then reinstall?

--Paula in Texas
Researching: Adair Baker Beasley Benson Betz Bigley Blagrave Burton Chapman Clement Clough Coppernoll Costine Daulton Dinwiddie Doody Ellis Exline Field Floran Floyd Gates Goodale Gordon Gump Hale Harbaugh Hind Hopkins Hughes Hurdle Jones Klein Koyle Laswell McDonald Misner Passwaters Pelton Roberts Roche Ryburn Sanford Short Singer Sullivan Weller Williams

From: Kathy Thompson <kmthoms...@gmail.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:16 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Custom Event Sentences in Legacy v8

no maybe not - but it did rearrange things enough to be annoying.
I now have my notes in my description field and that has messed up my sentences as a result.

For one event I had
[HeShe] resided at [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace]. [Notes][Sources]
Which would have given me
He resided at Oak Hill, Wethersfield Road on 31 March 1901 in Gosfield, Essex, England. Family of Samuel (45), Martha (42) and children Elizabeth (18), Basil (16), Priscilla (14), Frederick (11), Herbert (9) and John (3)¹

Now I have
[HeShe] resided at [Desc] [onDate] [inPlace].
Which gives me
He resided at Oak Hill, Wethersfield Road: Family of Samuel (45), Martha (42) and children Elizabeth (18), Basil (16), Priscilla (14), Frederick (11), Herbert (9) and John (3) on 31 March 1901 in Gosfield, Essex, England.¹

Not the result I wanted - and it means I am going to have to find every single one of these facts to correct them to the way I want the sentence to read.

On 3 December 2013 20:32, Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> wrote:
On 03/12/2013 00:25, Charles Apple wrote:
> Does one lose their "Custom Event Sentences" when opening a Legacy 7.5
> Family File in Legacy 8 Deluxe?

No!

--
Jenny M Benson