I'm having trouble importing a gedcom (in 5.51 format) into a new file in
Legacy version 8.  After it goes through reading the gedcom, it asks about an
autosource, and then it gives me a 3021 error (even though this is a completely
new Legacy file, with no previous records that could have been corrupted).  It
asks if I want to try again, it fails.  If I say no, don't try again, it says
do I want to try an gedcom import again.. if I say yes, it says "gedcom import
cancelled by user."  Whatever options I try, it fails to import the gedcom file.

I had a similar problem back in version 7.5, but I was able to get around it
then.  Sometimes just exiting Legacy and reopening would solve the problem;
sometimes the problem seemed to be that there WERE no previous sources.  So if
I created a dummy record and added a source or two, then the program was happy
and it could do the import.  Now it just fails, regardless.

Help, anyone?

Thanks,
Kirsty Haining
Seattle, WA

P.S.  It just failed again... the exact error message is:
Error saving Source.
Error 3021: No current record.
(Note the cause of this error is often fixed by doing File > File Maintenance >
Check/Repair... on the family file.)
Would you like to TRY IT AGAIN?

P.P.S. I just tried again after changing my file options to NOT ask for an
autosource, but it didn't make any difference. It still failed.