From: Kurt Kneeland [mailto:kurt-kneel...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 10:49 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] No Legacy News?

On the Legacy Home tab, there is an Options button in the upper right corner,
click that and then the Options item on the popup menu.  On the dialog box,
make sure Allow Legacy to Connect to the Internet is selected.  But this would
only block the news items from coming up by default, they should still come up
when you click on the “Retrieve” message.  Only thing I can think of is there
is something external to Legacy that is blocking that particular function for
you, possibly a firewall or antivirus function but it seems strange that the
news retrieval would be blocked and nothing else.  If you click on the Legacy
News header, does the Legacy Family Tree News webpage open?  If that also fails
it may be a problem with your ISP’s Domain Name Server not recognizing the
news.legacyfamilytree.com name (vs www.legacyfamily.com or just
legacyfamilytree.com).