When I installed Legacy 8 I kept Legacy 7.5 and both versions accessed the
same media folder trees (C:\Legacy\Docs\, C:\Legacy\Pictures, etc.). A week
or so ago I copied Media to C:\Users\Richard\Documents|Legacy Family
Tree\Media\vanwasshnova\Docs\{big Tree}, etc. with 359 folders.
The Media Relinker seemed inadequate so I used Search and Replace in MS
Access instead to easily link L8 to the new media path. All was fine. No
missing media but when I attempted to Backup Media I got "Error 3163" "Path
too long.
Apparently the new, much longer path to Docs and Pictures comes close to
the 260 character max file path and adding that to a zip file exceeds 260.
I shortened the vanwasshnova subdirectory to V and it zips OK. My next step
would have been to shorten Legacy Family Tree to Legacy8.

--
Richard Van Wasshnova